Wednesday, November 24, 2010

GAME Plan progress...

...is slow. I think my "inner mental map" of how data transfer works is a little bit clearer but still lacking. However, I have made great progress on some of my other goals like improving my TPR-S instruction (see blog post below), aligning my lessons with my colleagues' and learning more about what I can do with a wiki. :) Yay me. Managing over 135 wiki pages does pose challenges but can be managed! I am very excited about the possibilities! I need to look up some other great resources! Through my Walden courses I have become acquainted with more great resources than I can learn at once.

The next assignment, involving a wiki, will be very useful in advancing my GAME plan. In a week or so I will have a much better idea about what a wiki can do and, more importantly, how!

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I agree that the progress on my game is moving a little slow too. I too feel like I have gain information about different types of technologies. The problem I have is how to organize all the technology that I have learned about. Do you feel that you must learn more about the technologies before you incorporate them in the classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer -
    Hang in there, this can be a slow process, not to mention that this past week was a short week. It is hard to learn knew technologies at the same time as running the classroom. I would definitely suggest trying to incorporate a small lesson where the students explore the technology and then teach the technology to other students (and you too). You may even try giving different groups of students something more specific to focus on, but different from another group.
    Good Luck!!
    Kathleen Cagle

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Grace and Kathleen,
    Thanks ladies! I do find it hard to simultaneously teach, learn new technologies AND integrate how to use those technologies effectively into my instruction. I have learned a lot through experience and will be taking Kathleen's advice. Thanks for the tips Kathleen. I will definitely try a "mini" lesson to start out! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,

    Maybe you can have ONE wiki page and have all of the students put their work on the one page, or put them into groups on the pages. 135 wikis are a lot of work!

    Ashley Carlson

    ReplyDelete